Monday, February 2, 2015

Cheap 28mm Tanks

Hello everyone.

I am a 28mm WW2 Gamer as anyone who came here knows. While I love all the great models out there, the price can really put me off on a lot of products we use. This is especially common with AFVs. I don't want to get into the scale debate of 1/56 vs 1/48 for 28mm but if you're like me and use 1/48 this post may be useful to you!

Anyway, as I'm walking down the toy aisle of my local Wal Mart I ran across this:

This beautiful discovery is a 1/48 Sherman kit repackaged as a toy for kids!!! It cost me 10 bucks per tank. I nearly died people, and after some begging, the wife let me grab a few. They are Snap-Tite kits meaning they come in a few pieces and click together. I still used glue to put mine together just to ensure safety during game play. Here is a picture of the assembled model:




Not too shabby for a 10 dollar kit, eh? The detail is sparse in some areas, but that is easily fixed by adding stowage and other bits and bobs. After a quick and dirty 5 minutes under the airbrush and some tufts and oregano you get this:



 I highly recommend these kits! It's a great way to get good looking Shermans on the table top for really cheap. They also have Panzer IVs and Pattons in the same style. 

Thanks for reading, 

E


No comments:

Post a Comment